Sunday, September 20, 2009

I LIKE IT RAW!

I "heart" Ahi Tuna! Seriously, when Keith and I were on our honeymoon in Hawaii, I had Ahi Tuna EVERY SINGLE NIGHT (for 10 straight nights). I am a little obsessed! haha! Nothing will ever be as good as the fresh from boat Ahi I had in Hawaii but this marinade aint too shabby since jetting to Maui on a Saturday night doesn't seem to be an option! haha! Enjoy!

AHI TUNA MARINADE

1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce
1 lb sushi grade Ahi tuna steak
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced

Combine 1 cup of Teriyaki Sauce with 3 minced garlic cloves to create marinade.

Reserve 1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce and 1 garlic clove. Refrigerate.

Place tuna in a shallow dish and poor marinade over fish. Marinade for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. Throw out marinade.

Saute remaining minced garlic clove until tender in 1 TBSP of olive oil. Remove from pan.

Sear tuna on in same frying pan for 1-2 minutes per side. While tuna is cooking place "reserved" sauteed garlic & teriyaki sauce over tuna.

Remove from heat and serve with Teriyaki & Garlic on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment