Thursday, October 22, 2009

ALMOND CHEESE



I don't do a lot of dairy in my diet for digestive reasons. Therefore as a substitute, Keith and I drink a lot of Almond Milk, which is high in magnesium, potassium and Vitamin E. So we were thrilled to find almond cheese! It tastes great and it is easy to cook with because it melts well.

The brand we buy is pictured above (Lisanatti) and we find it at Whole Foods and The Natural Grocer. It comes in 4 flavors: Cheddar, Mozzarella, Jalapeno, and Garlic & Herb. My favorite is the cheddar and Keith likes the jalapeno. Try it out...it is low in calories and fat plus it packs a good amount of protein and calcium per 1 oz. serving. Now how great is that?!?

Oh..and did I mention that it is also gluten-free, soy-free, AND cholesterol-free? It just keeps getting better and better...

No comments:

Post a Comment