Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hail to Acorn Squash




One of the things I love best about fall (DEFINITELY NOT THE COLD WEATHER) is the abundance of fabulous fall produce! One of my favorites is acorn squash! I picked 2 up at Whole Foods the other day and they are FABULOUS!

Acorn squash is super easy to make and very versatile! My favorite way is to just cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. Dot each squash cavity with 1 teaspoon butter (I use Brummel and Brown) and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Then bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour, or until tender. If you are in a hurry simple microwave squash cut side down in water for about 8-10 minutes (or until tender) and then fill cavity with toppings. Yummy!

I suggest eating NOW!

**For more information on what fruits/vegetables are in season for your area scroll down and check out the newest gadget I added. Once you click on a certain food it will take you to Epicurious.com with recipes highlighting that food. Now that is how you can eat your way through the seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment